Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Look of the Week - Faux Reality Bob

I admit it, I watched the Hills finale last night. And with the exception of the bizarre Little Bo Peep flower crown worn by Whitney Port, I thought the reality stars looked lovely.

Naturally, Lauren Conrad went all out in a sparkly mini with this chic mini bob that seems to be all the rage lately. (Note: also seen on Rosario Dawson at the Seven Pounds premiere.)

This hair style requires a bit more concentration than Kate Winslet's curly waves but it can be done. You will need a good styler, a lot of bobby pins, some sculpting spray and patience.

Given that it's the holidays and I'm short on time. I'll tell you that I've tried this look before and for me I wash, condition, moussed and dried as usual. For mousse, lately I've been using Rene Furterer Anti-Dehydrating Volumizing Mousse because it makes my hair super shiny and big without being sticky.

Next step is to pin the majority of long layers under, while leaving the shorter layers loose for a bit of light curling. Pin the back up higher to give the illusion of a stacked bob with the longer front pieces framing the face.

Again using a styler like the Sedu Revolution or Amika Pro-Styler, being creating light waves on the bottom half of the loose pieces. It should look a bit piecey and messy, falling gently over the pinned up sections to disguise what's underneath.

Finish up the look with a lighter-weight sculpting spray such as Aveda Witch Hazel Light Hold Hair Spray or Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray. Pair with some red lips and you're ready for holiday partying.

Where to Buy: Folica.com, Aveda.com, LoveAmika.com

1 comment:

Sašo said...

Nice hairsyles.
If you are interested in barber and hair products and supplies you can see my blog at http://barbersupplystore.com
Thanks